Board index Competitions Barclays Premier League Chelsea v Cardiff City (PL) 19/10/2013 KO 15:00 BST

Chelsea v Cardiff City (PL) 19/10/2013 KO 15:00 BST

The world's no.1 football league

Forum rules

While constructing criticism and banter is encouraged, abusing Chelsea FC and/or its players or getting personal with members on the forum will result in DIRECT BAN.
ChelseaFinn Backup Player

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
We'll face Cardiff at home after the international break on Sat 19th at 1pm. Nothing but a win is acceptable.

Hopefully it will give us a chance to get a good run of wins in the league after beating Norwich. After Cardiff it'll be Man City (1st big home game this season) with seven winnable league games to follow that one (http://espnfc.com/team/fixtures/_/leagu ... ea?cc=5739). I kinda expect us to be top of the league at Christmas, if all goes according to the Special One's plans.

But for the next week and a half this thread may act as the 'injury list' for our players on international duty. May no one post here till next week's friday the earliest then.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 am
Mr.mata User avatar
Professional

it's good that we have 7 "ease" league games after city game... if we manage to win 6 out of 7 it will boost our confidence, and then everything can happen. arsenal and looserpool game will be crucial if we win them then i would say that we are 80% chapion's (i know its Dec 28) :scarf3:
Chelsea till I die,
I'm Chelsea till I die,
I know I am,
I'm sure I am,
I'm Chelsea till I die.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:26 pm
Elbowzland On Rotation

A bit too early to start this thread.

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 pm
chelseafc9010 User avatar
Forum Legend

Yeah, but it is the next game so aye well.

I'll just say for now, I know Mou will try to counter attack, but he really needs a slap and to re-check who he is facing, this may be the BPL but come on, we should be dominating these teams, 60+ possession, 3+ goals, 0 conceded..
CHELSEA TILL I DIE

Blue Is The Colour, Football Is The Game
We're All Together, And Winning Is Our Aim,
So Cheer Us On Through Sun Or Rain,
Cause Chelsea, Chelsea Is Our Name!!!

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm
Elbowzland On Rotation

chelseafc9010 wrote:

I'll just say for now, I know Mou will try to counter attack, but he really needs a slap and to re-check who he is facing, this may be the BPL but come on, we should be dominating these teams, 60+ possession, 3+ goals, 0 conceded..

We can dominate them sort of teams if we had a proper CF who can help the team but we don't.

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:21 am
ChelseaFinn Backup Player

chelseafc9010 wrote:

I agree and I'd even go on to say that we don't need to fear anyone and alter our style like we did against Manu and Tottenham. It's not the way WE will be feared, if we keep bowing down to other 'big' teams. It was clear from the onset that we went to Spurs not to take the game to them but to try to hit them on the counter with Rami on the right. Not what I want to see...

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm
Forum Legend

Elbowz wrote:
chelseafc9010 wrote:

We can dominate them sort of teams if we had a proper CF who can help the team but we don't.
Also a midfield, and no Oscar.
CHELSEA TILL I DIE

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:14 pm
Dibesto Blessed First Team

ChelseaFinn wrote:
May no one post here till next week's friday the earliest then.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist, but hey! i'm not the only one hu hu hu! Winning should be our aim, they are not in great form , we play at home and we have the advantage on paper so if everything go according to plans, it should be a comfortable win...

chelseafc9010 wrote:

Maybe we are not watching the same Chelsea team, otherwise you wouldn't be saying such false things mate! I mean c'mon! We never played counter attack this season at home, as for away games, we only played counter attacks against big teams (Bayern, Man U and Spurs, and even Spurs, we played counter attacking football only during the first half) so please check your facts.... All BPL matches, we have an average possession of 55%, and one thing is sure, it is definitely not the kind of possession a counter attacking side has... You are the one who should be slapped hu hu hu, matter of facts check this out:
I selected teams recognized as "big teams" who are likely to play possession fottaball :

Team..........................Possession:
ManC..........................58.8%
Spurs..........................58.5%
ManU..........................57%
Swansea....................56.5%
Everton.......................56.3%
Chelsea.......................55.4%
Southampton...............54.9%
Arsenal..........................54%
Liverpool........................51.7%

When you consider that we had the hardest fixture just after ManU it is not that bad to have such possession, when you find yourself so close to teams like Swansea, Everton, Southampton and before Arsenal and Liverpool when you their style of football, don't say such things... that being said

ChelseaFinn wrote:
I agree and I'd even go on to say that we don't need to fear anyone and alter our style like we did against Manu and Tottenham. It's not the way WE will be feared, if we keep bowing down to other 'big' teams. It was clear from the onset that we went to Spurs not to take the game to them but to try to hit them on the counter with Rami on the right. Not what I want to see...

Football is definitely an art that is why so many people are fond of Brazil and Spain, but it is also about tactics that is why people are so afraid of Italian sides, what is the point of having such possession when it is sterile possession useless and boring i say! You have to find a balance... if you should that when you go in hostile places, you can't play as you usually do, ask Barcelona when they played Celtic and Ac Milan last year, ask Bayern when they face Borussia, or we all know that those 2 teams are the best (atm) in that possession things, but if even those teams play that way against other big teams, i think you might wan to re-think your point of view, there are plenty of teams feared because of counter attacking i will just give Napoli or Chelsea's previous Mourinho as exemples, so your feared thing is not a solid point, a team (or an individual) is feared when you know that he is more than efficient in his style no matter the style, if you like martial arts you know what i'm saying...

chelseafc9010 wrote:
Also a midfield, and no Oscar.

Ha ha ha! Get outta here 9010 hu hu hu, Oscar has been the best offensive player thus far whether you like it or not or whether you like him or not...

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 pm
Forum Legend

No I'd like to stay actually my friend, the thing is if you start every game and play as the main player of the attacking 4, your expected to be our best offensive player.

The fact that he has been our best attacking player just shows how poor we have been this season at attacking, because Oscar has zero creativity and loses more balls than Tottenham lose main players.

Also we have played counter attacking football, against Hull we dominated in the first 20 mins, and then we got dominated for the rest of the game. The other games like Fulham for example, we have dominated at times but at the same time, it is all 'safe' possession, which is better than no possession, but that 'safe' possession will not get us a goal, or create many chances.
CHELSEA TILL I DIE

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:32 am
bloodyfool0 Rising Star

Still a long 8 days away from this one. It really breaks momentum.

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League